Monday, July 13, 2009

It's about freakin' time!

After 14 cheapless hustling months of being actually unemployed (the photoshoots and the paparazzi stuff are a side thing) and bullshit interviews, I finally have a job. Thank the Messiah.

I just started work for this place called Ceed Secuirty Systems or something like that. The ususally assign people to different locations on security business. So these people assigned me this past weekend to look after an unfinished Walgreens in at all of places in Southern California, Lancaster. I was actually at their offices in Gardena to pick up my uniform. 

Yes the Antelope Valley. The city of Lancaster, just right above Palmdale. And I thought I disliked the San Fernando Valley the most until I had to do 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. That basically the equivelent of a Nurse's part time shift at a clinic or hospital. Hell, I'd rather drive to Orange County or Riverside than to go all the way up there. Thank Jesus it's not the winter in Lancaster otherwise I'd have trouble putting chains on my tires while going on the 14 freeway. That freeway has the most CHP squads I've ever seen in the west coast. 

So I just started last Saturday. Basically all I have to do is just...stay there and watch the unfinished building. That's it. but the thing is that I have to be there for a VERY long time. I try my best to make the use of those 12 hours. I called almost everyone I can think of. Freaking bastards won't even answer. Shit, mobile phones are not what they used to be before it got too mainstream, like around 10 years ago. I remember public school teachers and business people that work in Brentwood and the Civic Center in Downtown LA that were the only people to use cell phones. And this was in the 90's. Now it's 2009 and you see 5th graders with Blackberry Pearls and 9th graders with iPhones or anything that you can touch that has a mini keyboard. You have no idea how many friendships that I had were destroyed just because of mobile devices. It's that simple, pick up the phone. 

HOPEFULLY, they put me someplace that's kinda closer. The reason I say that is because I don't like driving to Lancaster. I mean it takes me 40 minutes to get from Granada Hills to Lancaster and Vice Versa. Plus the 14 freeway is a bitch to drive through and its more hotter there than the San Fernando Valley because Lancaster is in the desert area. I have to be there for the next week so it looks like I won't be on a computer for a while. Oh, and the Walgreens I have to watch over is shared at the same property as Kmart. The have a Kmart up there. Weird. Also, Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe live up in Lancaster too. If I see her at that Kmart, I probably take her picture with my phone and if she ask me why, then I'll tell her it's for security purposes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment