Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Destination 9/9/09

4 deaths in one week is just too fucking insane.

That's one of the reasons on why I haven't been on here for two weeks. Well, that and some financial matters I had to deal with. But yeah, this "Final Destination" type shit has really made me gather my thoughts for a while because I don't wanna turn this page into some obituarty. Speaking of Final Destination, they released the 4th part of the movie without the Part 4 at the end of the title. The movie is called "The Final Destination" You know just like how they did it with Fast and Furious without "the" in the beginning of the title. I know, hollywood is is running out of ideas. I really don't wanna say it like that as a former filmmaker during high school, but with all the films that came out this past year, the opion just became a fact.

Yes, like I said, 4 people that I known and who I think are inportant have passed away in a one week span. 2 of them are famous and the other two were from my church. I don't wanna talk about the people from my church, so that I can respect their families privacy. But the two other people that passed away were Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy and Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein, a club DJ whos known for his infamous,ungodly collection of sneakers, was engaged to Nicole Ritchie for a brief time, and he survived a serious plane crash.

Now that I got that out the way, we are already in the month of September, the ninth month of the calendar year, the ninth day of the month, and the ninth year of the decade as well as the century. Today was the official start of the school year for the Los Angeles public schools. My brother is in his senoir year and one of my sisters just started the 10th grade. To me, it feels like they were both just in middle school last year but now they already have high school experience. Just yesterday, the President of the United States did a video message directed to students at all the schools in this country telling them to stay focused and that giving up is not an excuse for failure. Prior to that, all the critics and pundits acted as if they know what he already was going to say, and that Barack would be treating the students as if he was speaking at all the schools during the regime of the Soviet Union in the 20th century. But he left out anything that had to do with politics out of his speech. Hell, they're were some kids who were motivated from his speech, saying that this was something that they never saw the past Presidents of the United States do every September. I wish my siblings, as well as those who just started their Freshman year and those who are in their last year in school a very sucessful year. Either way its a challenging destination that will last up to June 2010 or June 2013 for current ninth graders or June 2021 for those starting Kindergarten.

Oh yeah as for my labor day, it was bullshit. I got cited at the Universal City Red Line parking lot for having expired tags. Now I just took care of my registration before the month ended. I talked to the Sherrifs that were nearby patroling the area about it and they said that I still need the sticker, because I though they mail the sticker. So I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles the next day and waited two hours for them to call my number and had got the sticker which took 8 seconds. That's living in California for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment