Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And So It Begins...Again

Well, after three glorious months of uploading countless photos, I'm back in this bitch again...again.

What more can I say? That's what I've been actually doing, and then some. But before I get into my welcome back post, I wanna give a major thank you shout out to Frank Venadas and his Hear Gallery company. It was his company through my great, wonderful friend Nicole Stetter that helped boosted up my experience and work ethic into making me a more proficient photographer with his endless booking of shows all over the City of Los Angeles. Even though I haven't been to a few recent shows during May, I still enjoyed getting used to the underground atmosphere of alternative indie performances of different talented bands, as well as some fantastic artists, at the Five Star Bar, the Airliner and Dragonfly on Sunset among other places week after week. Shit, I REALLY wish I could've attended all the Artwalks and the Residencies shows to cover, but because of my photography business on the side with some other responsibilities to take aware of and with not having a decent vehicle to commute every other night aside from carpooling with Nicole, I wasn't able to make the full commitment of helping out more by attending more, otherwise things would've been different. Again thank you Frank and also another shoutout to Nadari, Corina, DJ Shane Love, JoshuaLovesLife Photography, and every other bands associated with the Hear Gallery. I'll be attending more shows in the future, not just as a photographer but to help support the Hear Gallery by paying double the price of the cover admission instead of getting in for free.

Other than that, alot has happened since I last typed on here back in the last week of February. Hell, this is the first blog post I've typed as a 23 year old. Man, out of all the birthdays I've had in the past, this recent one was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Totally unforgettable for real. I've received so many countless debit gift cards, that I blew it all over some unnecessary shit in less than a week. On top of that, my homeboy Matt Sun of 7 years paid a visit to celebrate his birthday as well since his is a week after mines. We were both ACTING FOOLISH all over Los Angeles County. From driving all the way to Saugus in Santa Clarita to visit a hot sexy girl, to introducing him to Nicole's band Darger De Milo perform at The Mime in Echo Park and some other stuff I can't put on here. Thank you Matt and thanks to the Galvez family for making my birthday weekend one of the best I've ever experienced.

Oh and big thanks to the homegirl Molly Caitlin Murphy for finally meeting you in person and to work on the photoshoot that we've been discussing. I STILL HAVEN'T STARTED WORKING ON YOUR PHOTOS YET! I want to wait until I take care of everything else in terms of my photography so that I can find the perfect time to work on your photos. I wanna make them as professional looking so that you will be VERY pleased with them, even though I gave you the raw photos of the shoot, which I had a great time doing. Thanks again for your time and I hope all is well in your new life in Arizona.

Now there are several reasons why I haven't been on here in a very long time, but there are two main reasons that I wanna explain. The first is my T-Mobile G2 that I've been addicted to for the past three months. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY OTHER SMARTPHONE GROUPIE SAYS, BUT THIS PHONE IS THE SHIT!!! Forget the Blackberrys and the iPhones and the Windows Mobile, Android is taking over motherfuckers right now. It does better shit that no other mobile operating systems does. Fuck, if this was 10 years ago, then every rich, wealthy rapper or a twenty-something college graduate temp at a law firm in Brentwood would be using this device. Yes, there are other Android devices that are more sufficient than the G2 in terms of performance. Hell, they even resurrected the Sidekick phone under the Android operating system. But despite the quick bettery life and paying 95 bucks a month after taxes to T-Mobile under their unlimited everything plan, I think I think I'm good with the device I have right now. I don't see why everyone else has this phone. The fake rich chicks and those in the mega power businesses are being influxed with iPhone 4 and the Blackberry Bold/Curve by using it as a fashion accessory to flaunt whenever they're out in public.

The second most important reason why I haven't been on here was because I was mostly focusing on my other blogsite, which is being hosted by Wordpress. On that site, I mostly upload photos and sometimes type one liners to correspond with the photo being posted. I used to do this on here as you'll see on my previous Blogger posts, but I wanted to change some things. I moved this blog to my business website back in January, but then at around the end of February it was getting too inconvenient to type on my website, so I switched back to Blogger even though I vowed never to type on here again. My Wordpress is simply titled Nobody Reads Anymore, cause like the title says, no every one like to read anything with a lot of words. They just mostly look at the photos, which I don't really blame cause I'm a photographer. I've been doing blogs since 2006 from the old days of Apple's .mac service which is now referred to as MobileMe. I still wanted to update this site during the past two month, but the countless work has gotten in the way to the point that you can't jump any higher over the crowd to see the light. So if reading this site is making you lose interest from all the long paragraphs, you can't always jump to my other blogsite to look at some interesting photos that are uploaded. Here's the link: http://justforsneaks.wordpress.com/

So yeah, those are the two main things that kept me from typing on here alot like I used to since I launched this site 23 months ago, as well as covering different shows in LA and attending alot of parties every now and then and running into famous A listers like Jennifer Lopez and Lady Gaga (who happens to be a very chill person) Man, I gotta say that this past April WAS THE BUSIEST, MOST CRAZIEST MONTH I'VE EVER WORKED! EVER!!!

Do you want to know how wild the month of April was? It was SO wild that I shot 11 gigs of photos throughout that month. To those who aren't computer savvy like myself, that's up to 2,100 photos I took, which is the MOST I've ever, ever shot in a month . That's a years worth of photos I took when I started getting the hang of digital photography back in 2008. I know there will be more months which will be as bizarre like this again. Like I said, those photos that month consisted of the number of shows that I covered, a baby shower of my old Classmates Alberto Mujica and wife Beatriz, Penelope Cruz getting her star in the Hollywood Walk Of Fame (never thought that Johnny Depp would show up in person on that day since he rarely steps out and gives speeches to the public), the Hollywood Thai festival (where I got to meet Hot Import Nights model Sasha Singleton very closely) and my homegirl Tianna Edmonson's 22nd birthday weekend. By the way, I wasn't there for her official party that Saturday night cause I had to go to another birthday party (there were 4 other birthday parties I got invited to on that day that started at the same time) for Cyndi Campos, one of my very great friends back from my high school days. It was the first time in 5 years that I've seen her and WOW she looked great. The part that made the party more excellent was when the both of us jumped into the swimming pool WITH OUR CLOTHES ON! I ran out of damns to give cause I wanted to support my OG homegirls from senior year at Kennedy on her 23rd birthday. Thank you so much Cyndi for inviting me to your party.

Anyway, that's a lengthy synopsis on what I've been up to these past few months. I looked on my old blog post that I've written exactly one year ago on June 1st 2010. On there, I discussed about Gary Coleman's death and the start of the Lakers/Celtics rematch in that years NBA finals. Well, there is another rematch for this years NBA Finals against the Miami Heat and the Dallas Mavericks. The last time these two played in the finals, I was preparing to graduate high school that June, with the Miami Heat winning it all.

Throughout my senior year, I didn't plan on graduating on stage, but on the last week before graduation, my parents wrote me and my sister (who also didn't want to go on stage) a check to purchase a cap and gown. Somewhat a blessing in disguise, Its a good thing that I did go up on stage. That shit felt brilliant, especially capturing that last moment of high school before you step out to the rest of your life as an adult. There were so many graduations last month which made May the new June. My little cousin has an upcoming graduation from Loyola High School in Los Angeles this Saturday. Its one of the most prestigious all-boys private schools in the city. I've never been inside the campus, but I'm looking forward to checking it out for the first time this weekend.

Finally, I just want to point out that there's gonna be so many changes that's gonna happen from this point on, with my fifth year on Facebook coming up on July 1st. I want to do something on that day, something different. Probably create a second Facebook page for my photography business or whatever. The changes has already just started, with former Cleveland Cavaliers Head Coach Mike Brown becoming the new head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. This is gonna take some time to getting used to with his gameplans and tactics without the Triangle Offense that the Lakers are already used to, especially Kobe Bryant and how his relationship with Coach Brown could become an interesting factor during the offseason and training camp.

Yeah, a very long, overtyped blog post. But hey, its my thoughts. I want to be on here more often, regardless on how many gigs I'll be getting in the future. Keep a lookout for some more posts on here cause this, along with my other Wordpress site, where I'll say some uncooked stuff that I won't write on Facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment