Monday, October 24, 2011

Nerds are Expensive

According to TMZ.com, who is ALWAYS legit in their stories, they said that Lindsay Lohan will pose a nude spread on Playboy magazine for One Million Dollars. I wish this took place in 2005 instead of right now.

So I spent most of Friday at my pad in Sylmar talking a gang of shit on Twitter and transferring files and photos to DVDs and the previous generation iMac in my living room that I hardly use. Trying to make some space on the hard drives and the reason being is that I got two baby showers to cover next month and this upcoming weekend is gonna be so RIDICULOUSLY FUCKING crazy with a bundle of Halloween parties. I wanna get shots of females dressed like Steve Jobs in a tight black longsleeve shirt and dressed like Kim Kardashian on her wedding day last month. Speaking of which, the Armenian princess turned 31 on Friday, and she pretty much had her birthday weekend very low key this year. Typically, Kim would fly or drive to Las Vegas every year along with her close friends and family and get super wasted at Jet inside the Mirage or Tao inside The Venetian or whatever club that's out there on the strip and alot of people on Facebook or any other site would upload a photo of them with Kim as her profile picture to show her birthday support.

Then later that night, I watched some videos on the internet from this young tech savvy enthusiast wizard named Chris Pirillo. I've seen other tech geeks like Jon4Lakers and SoilderKnowsBest, but this dude is different. Watched one of his videos about 4 years ago when he did a debate comparison between social networking sites Myspace (which was the major at the time) and Facebook (which was only for college students then). Somehow, I rediscovered his Youtube page again when I was searching for a video on why Apple fans dislike Adobe's Flash on Mac OS X operating system, even though Flash is not supported on Apple's other operating system, the iOS, for their mobile devices lineup. He has over 3,500 videos on his channel, which is everything and anything on technology and I spent the entire night viewing a few of those while every young, ruthless, hormone-raged couple in the San Fernando Valley was watching a 3D remake in a theater that they wasted 45 bucks on (his ticket= $15, her ticket= $15, large popcorn =$6, his large soft drink= $4, her soft drink= $4, and extra pair of 3D glasses for her after her thick fat ass accidentally sat and broke them= $1). I can do all this without paying that much money, or not paying at all thanks to the hookup from AMC theaters, and I can't remember the last time I paid for a movie theater ticket (I did pay 7 bucks to see a double feature of films done by Russian film director Andrei Tarkovsky that a friend of mine invited me to at The New Beverly earlier this year, but that doesn't count since its not a current film).

But after watching Pirillo's videos, it reminded me of how much I used to be obsessed with technology. If only he didn't showoff his girl that much, but I don't blame him. I remember spending hours playing with all the gadgets at Best Buy and Circuit City before they vanished. I also remember going to the libraries at middle school, high school and my Freshman semester at Los Angeles Valley College reading MacWorld, PC World and Computer Videomaker for the latest Sony video cameras. But it was mostly the Fry's Electronics advertisements in the newspapers that got me attracted every week. I remember the first time finally going to that place in back in 2002. My pops needed a new desktop for himself, so we went to Fry's instead of Best Buy and Circuit City cause the machine we were focused on was relatively inexpensive and that place was LARGE, WITH A DIFFERENT SALES ASSOCIATE ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE! I assumed that there were like 400 people that worked on the floor wearing a white shirt with slacks and a tie, and the female staff base was like...damn, they fine. This was at the Burbank store on Hollywood Way right across from the Bob Hope Airport. The time that we went was a week after my 14th birthday, so my pops said I can choose anything in the store for less than $20 and I got a freakin' 80's complication CD, which I played on repeat several times until the tracks on the disc started skipping. For the next several years, my moms started to become an avid shopper there whenever she needed a new laptop or a new TV or some accessories and I also started to visit the other stores in Woodland Hills, Oxnard (I lived less than a mile from that store when I lived there for the summer), Manhattan Beach and the one in Fountain Valley, each with a different theme inside and outside the store.

The next day on Saturday, I spent most of the time with the siblings by taking them to this youth gathering service at Forest Lawn that my sister's church is hosting along with a bunch of other churches in Southern California. At first I thought why would they do this at a Memorial Park when they could've done this at a hotel or something. The service was all right, but if this happened between 2002 to 2007, then I would've like it alot more since the attendees were mostly high school kids. Speaking of which, I ran into two people there from my 9th Grade class who I haven't seen since I left San Fernando Valley Adventist Academy in 2003. After that, I talked with two other people I never seen before, asked them stuff like what church they go to and what they do for a living. We only stayed for an hour cause my brother had to do an afternoon shift at his work, and then I went back to my place to get ready for a Nigerian "Marriage" I have to cover with my uncle that night.

Now the marriage rituals from my background is alot different than it is here. What they do is both parents of the couple, and some of the elders, get together to approve both the engaged soon to be spouses as a married couple. In the past, I shot many Nigerian weddings, but those ones had the traditional American ceremony. This is the first one I ever covered which had the traditional Nigerian Ceremony. The event took place at this church in Ontario where we did a birthday event there this past summer. I busted my knee cap from the edge of the stage while I was trying to get a shot of the couple sitting on the tables with their parents that was placed on the stage. Its still hurts a little bit right now, but its nothing major. The ceremony was decent, everything went well and we left at around 11 and I got home an hour and a half later.

Then on Sunday, I went to the Americana at Brand in Glendale for the Cadillac Culinary Ride and Drive event that I hyped about on the previous post. Its been a long ass time since I went to the Americana. Last year, it rained during this event, but this year, it was very nice and clear. I'm telling you, y'all fucking missed out on this, cause stuff like this rarely happens. I'd rather have somebody else experience this other than myself and I went just cause I did this last year and wanted to see what Cadillac had to offer in their lineup for this model year. I drove the CTS Coupe, CTS sedan, the Escalade Hybrid, and the SRX Crossover. Nothing special, just some minor features and tweaks with their engines and packaging feature options. The comparison vehicles they had this year were the 2011 Lexus RX 350, which they had last year in the 2010 model. The new comparison vehicles were the 2011 BMW X5, which was just another Bimmer to me, and two Mercedes-Benz E Classes, the Sedan and the coupe. The E-Class coupe was my favorite car of the whole afternoon, but it would've been much awesome if they had the 5 series as the comparison for the CTS instead of the Mercedes-Benz. I was getting a video of the exterior of the E-Class coupe on my T-Mobile G2, but that shit fucked up on me! It started to freeze as soon as I was going to demonstrate the startup and acceleration so now the video is no good. That kinda threw me off for a bit but driving and flooring the Benz around Glendale without the cops in sight (thankfully) made me get over on how weak my mobile phone is starting to get.

After driving over $400,000 worth of vehicles in one afternoon like everyone else in Glendale, I went to go watch some NFL games at the Cheesecake Factory there. I ate the Americana Burger (that's not named after the place coincidentally) and it was very pleasing. But what's more pleasing is the service that I was getting that day. They only had two TVs and the one in front of me was showing CBS Sports Central with Jim Hill while the other was showing the Packers/Vikings game on FOX on the other end of the bar. I was gonna go switch and tell the bartender to move my plates and drink to the other side, but he said that he can put the game on FOX on the TV in front of me and now both TVs had the same game. While I was eating and watching the Packers overtaking Minnesota's lead to avoid their undefeated season being snapped, I was also talking to two different women in their early 40's than me about why the players get fined 5 figures for unsportsman like conduct and other unnecessary roughness penalties in the league. I actually wanted to tip the two bartenders $20 each but I had to save my cash for Steve Job's biography, the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-Ray that just came out, the phone company and other bullshit expenses.

Before I left, I checked out the new Apple Retail Store in the Americana and this store is the TALLEST I've ever been to, not wide like the Topanga store, but the ceiling is just so fucking high, that you need to get a cherry picker to change the lights on top. I'm still confused on why they opened another Apple Store when there's one just across Central Avenue inside the Glendale Galleria. They should've opened that one in the Antelope Valley Mall so that those up there don't always have to rely on the Best Buy in Palmdale or the Pacific View Mall in Ventura so that those living there don't have to drive all the way to The Oaks mall in Thousand Oaks to get their Macs repaired. Just doesn't make any sense, but the store and the city of Glendale does make dollars though (alright, that joke sucked). Big special thanks to the people at Cadillac for letting me go wild on their whips again and shoutout to Patti and the bartending staff at the Americana at Brand Cheesecake Factory for the dope ass service.

Like I said earlier, this upcoming weekend is gonna be filled with a shit load of costume parties, high sugar intake, fake blood that people's kids will drink and females pretending to look like lesbian hookers for three days. Plus I'm expecting to see alot of Facebook statuses about the "scary events" like Freight Fest and Halloween Horror Nights which I never liked and never been to any of them. If you want to see real scary shit, go to West Hollywood on Halloween night. The city will shut down Santa Monica Boulevard so that anyone and everyone will parade around the street dressed up as what ever you don't want to imagine. I'm thinking of going this year cause I missed out on last years since I had problems meeting up with my ride.

ONE LAST THING. I still have the Back To The Future 25th anniversary movie posters I got exactly ONE YEAR ago on October 26, 2010 at the AMC theater in Universal City for the one night only screening of the film and let me tell you, if you like the film or know someone that likes the film religiously like I do, THEN YOU NEED THIS POSTER! I'm selling it for 25 dollars and I have 3 left. I priced it high cause it really hard to find nowadays without paying extra shipping fees like eBay. I REALLY need those gone! I also have the Pirates of The Carribean: On Stranger Tides movie poster that I have available. Those I'm selling for $20. Just let me know on the comments below or hit me up on Facebook, Twitter or anything if you're seriously interested. Thanks for taking the time to reading. Have an excellent rest of the week and act like the recession has never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment