Friday, January 25, 2013

Lining Up is For The Children

Last night while everyone in their Twenties was getting drunk off overpriced bottles of Patron and Smirnoff on Hollywood Blvd, I was just browsing though random images on the cyberspace until I came upon this image.



I guess the late Dirt McGirt was right at the Grammy's 15 years ago. Speaking of which, The Wu-Tang Clan, along with many well known and unheard of bands (excluding Ultraista which got me upset) are featured in this years lineup at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Here's what was placed on the table last night. 





Unfortunately, they don't have any holographic performances being billed on here. So instead, you can imagine your own private concert of your favorite deceased artist by tripping out on some 'shrooms and cannabis you got in exchange for your generated refrigerator filled with bottles of ice cold SmartWater. Afterall, Coachella Valley gets very hot, and this is from experience. If you don't believe me (which you should by now), here's my synopsis from the time I went there three years ago Coachella 2010 recap.

Oh and before I finish, the Los Angeles Dodgers are selling tickets for this upcoming season tomorrow at Chavez Ravine, along with a festival that will have a shitload of long-ass lines just to get an autograph from Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, and several legendary former Dodgers players in attendance that your kid or younger cousin has never heard of. I've already met former Dodgers manager Tommy LaSorda two years ago and posed for a photo with him along with the bling from the 1981 World Series that we owned against the New York Yankees during the fall classic that year. Don't believe me again? Man I'm spoiling y'all.




This is much more valuable, to me, than getting Ethier's signature for a high school sophomore. Otherwise if that moment never happened, then I could've been driving up past Elysian Park and the Los Angeles Police Academy at 5AM in my Kemp jersey and a Venti-sized Starbucks drink with me, talking to other Dodger Fans waiting to get tickets and enjoying the festivities as we all watch the sun rise while waitin' and chillin' at the Ravine.  Still can't believe that we have to play the World Champion San Francisco Giants on opening day again (I don't wanna bring up the last time we played them on opening day, and they also won the World Series the season before), which is one of the main points on why Full House sucks (except Lori Laughlin as Aunt Becky). Here's the link with more info on the event. Dodgers FanFest 2013 info

To those going there either yourself or with your girl and your families, and whatever else you got planned this weekend, enjoy it and have a safe fun time. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment