Thursday, August 29, 2013

1993 'Til Forever: Photosession of Ikenna Nwachuku


As some of a few of y'all know, I did a photoshoot of my cousin back in December 2012 at his place in Los Angeles. I told him that I was gonna get it done by February, but at that time I just received my Taxicab Permit and I was starting on that job at that time, which didn't give me time to work on editing this photoshoot. Now after several months, I managed to proceed working on this, and I figured its best that I share it on the day of his 20th birthday.

I swear, back when he was born in 1993, alot has happened in that year. I started kindergarten, Michael Jordan walked out of the NBA at the peak of his career after winning his third title, as well of the death of his father that summer, the nation was started embracing democratic ideals and policies with Bill Clinton as President of the United States in his first year in office, Jurassic Park was THE hottest movie of the Summer, Universal Citywalk opened,  Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Beavis and Butthead got alot of kids in trouble at the school playground, the Dallas Cowboys were killing shit in Super Bowl XXVII at Pasadena and the entire NFL, The Simpsons and Seinfeld on Thursday Nights after Cheers and A Different World finished that year, David Letterman joins CBS to start Late Show With David Letterman (which will be 20 years ago tomorrow), Fred Savage's The Wonder Years ends as his little brother Ben Savage's Boy Meets World starts on television among other events. Pretty much an leaf-turning opening to understanding society for myself even though I was very young.

Anyway, here's are the images of my cousin Ikenna and his ride: the BMW 328i sedan. Used alot of though into it and took my time to make it interesting. I'm so glad and blessed that he and his siblings have been a part for majority of my childhood. Thanks for your time reading this.





























No comments:

Post a Comment