Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review: Final Thoughts


So it comes down to this again. Another New Years Eve today and another year in review recap..

I really don't know if I'll ever see myself blogging again like I used to when I started dong this seven years ago (four years on this site). I honestly do not have the time anymore. Everyday, I'm always either driving around The Valley and the city of Los Angeles for 12 hours a day, doing a photosession and editing the images for several hours, and/or setting time aside to just helping out with my family when they need it. I'm also finding myself getting 4 to 5 hours a sleep every other night and its getting really tough to wake up in the morning. I was told the adult life gets more harder and challenging as you get older, and I started to realized that a lot more this past year from my everyday agendas I just mentioned. I bring this up alot because is damn true.

However, I still like to type stuff like this on here. There were many good bloggers in the past that I used to read their thoughts until they stopped cause they have moved on forward to other important matters in their lives. Another thing I noticed this past year is that time GOES BY SO MOTHERFUCKING QUICK. I'm serious. It felt like a few minutes ago until you realize that its just happened seven hours ago. Maybe its how the mind processes or something. This past year was obviously a lot different than any other years I've experienced. I guess were supposed to work and grind alot in our twenties just to make a decent living for future years. In 2012 I was working, but not as much as this year. Probably three times the work ethic than last year. Moving from Sylmar after living there for two years back to my pops house fits in as one of the occurrences of 2013.

December has always been a busy ass month, including this December that's ending today. There were a lot of fantastic events I would be very excited to type about, such as my Christmas day, The Hundreds & V/SUAL by Van Styles Street Meet photowalk I went to a few weeks ago, and a Quinceanera that I covered two weeks ago with my ex-photography boss up in Lancaster, but again, I didn't have the time to write about it. If this happened in 2009, then I would've typed it the following day after the events. But that was back when I was always at home. Now I'm always doing something. As I'm typing this, I'm doing laundry at my pops house and I'm waiting for the moms to come pick me up cause she wants me to accompany her and the little sister to San Diego for New Years Eve later today. Then again, its always better to do something and stay active, just don't over do it.

As far as the year 2013, it was quite a unique, interesting year full of unpredictability and more-than-average moments. Just like i did in the 2011 recap, I'll just bring up some one-liners recapping this past year, in no particular order.

- that Christopher Dorner manhunt

- Five-panel hats

- Samsung Galaxy S4 and two new iPhone that always looked the same

- Playstation 4 over the Xbox One

- Tesla Model S for rich people

- North West

- Bubblehead billboards

- Kevin Hart is the undisputed, unstoppable stand-up comedian

- Snapchat explodes

- Vine= Six seconds of weird, entertaining talent

- Ariana Grande tho....

- the black out during Super Bowl XLVII

- Lebron James gets a second NBA championship

- Kanye West and the People's Republic of China made Jimmy Kimmel apologize in public

- contract-less mobile phone plans

- This bloke George Zimmerman....

- pictures of Grand Theft Auto V video game covers flooding on everybody's instagram feed

- Miley twerkin'-ass Cyrus (she became legal to drink tho...)

Breaking Bad and Dexter series finales was more important than everything you were taught from your Sunday School teacher

Gravity = two A-list actors throughout the whole entire film (probably the best cinema I've ever watched in my life) No extras, no bullshit.

- Magna Carta Holy Grail 

- Electric car driving, Silver Lake residing Eric Garcetti as the new mayor of Los Angeles

- Vaping pens, Vape lounges, and everything "Vape life"

- everybody creating a t-shirt line with a fine ass (literally and figuratively) model and Adobe Illustrator

- Dr. Jerry Buss and Nelson Mandela's passing

- The Weeknd's debut album Kissland

- Shutdown of the Government

- 15 seconds of video selfies on instagram

- iOS 7

- George Lucas sells his Star Wars franchise to The Walt Disney Company

- Original programming on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon

That's all I can think of for now. Again, it was a unique, blessed year in 2013. Even though New Years Day celebrations looks overhyped to me with all the crazy drunk shit, it also shows as a reminder that you can toss away the stuff from last year and renew yourself in the new year differently. Thanks again for your time reading this. Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment