Sunday, April 4, 2010

One Third of 2010 so far and today was weird

Haven't been on here the past few days, weeks, centuries or whenever you want to call it whatever you want. I just didn't have the motivation

I'm gonna confess straight out. What I'm about to say is gonna shock you, so hide the kids and your grandparents.


I haven't done anything recently.

Absolutely nothing.

I have no vehicle right now, I'm not working right now (I don't think I can get hired anywhere), I'm banned from any Junior College within the city of Los Angeles because of dues I owe and my Progress Report was below average (except for the Acting course I took two years ago which was cool) among other things, so my chances of going back to community College is hella out of reach.

But I'm glad March is finally over. Shit, even my 22nd birthday was low key. I had to tell my mom about it at the last minute cause I thought she was gonna ask me what I wanted to do on my birthday, which she usually does every year. I think she was thinking of something else, but she still arranged a little birthday Luncheon at LA Buffet in Northridge across from the Northridge Fashion Center. Nothing happened when we went. We all just ate Chinese food until we were full. The only good part that day was that my mom gave me $50 and the restaurant (I had to copy and paste that word from Google cause I always have trouble spelling it and Spell Checker is bullshit) gave me a gift certificate which I can use within a month, and I already did. Then my mom dropped all of us back home to my pops house in the Country Club and that was that.

Then the rest of the month got as worse as the Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Clippers, and the Oakland Raiders playing in the city of Cleveland. I didn't go out that much, hell I didn't go out at all. The only thing I did that was decent in march was that I test drove four cars, I almost got to test drive a Nissan but the dealership at Universal City Nissan was being pessimistic and one of the dealers at Sunrise Ford near my moms house was a racist. The cars I drove were a 2011 Kia Sorento at The Grove and 3 different Toyotas at LA Live.

This scenario is like the totally uncool dweeb kid at your school offering money for the Hot looking girls to do their homework for them, but I don't wanna be referred as the hot looking girl in this case. I mean these are two car companies that have gotten a weird balance over the past few weeks. Kia is trying to be cool and Toyota is losing its cool due to the recalls of its newer model vehicles. So when I saw the Sorento at the Grove, at first I thought it was just gonna be a regular family crossover SUV, but I was wrong, dead wrong. The car felt great with its unanswered power of 276 horses, a lot of space on the back and a shit load of tech on the front panel. I even like how it shifts down to first gear by itself when you use the electronic manual transmission mode. Afterwards they gave me two issues of Car and Driver and a $20 gift card to the Grove, which I thought was cool.

The Toyota test drives were slightly different from the one at the Grove. It took place the same day as the Lakers Fan Jam event at the Convention Center did, which replaced Fiesta Lakers. There wasn't alot of people there to check out the Toytoas that they had on display to check out cause it feels like people didn't wanna take a chance after the incident of that one guy who's Toyota Prius kept accelerating, which I think was staged. They had 3 new 2011 Sienna minivans, 2 Toyota Venzas and a Camry Hybrid. I drove one of each. The Sienna looked really nice inside, especially the back seat. It had a 16x4 widescreen rear monitor and RECLINING SEATS WITH FEET RESTS! That's something you would find in a BMW 7 series or a Maybach. The Venza was my favorite to drive. Even though the Tech takes time to get used to, the car was a really great comfortable experience to drive. I'm a Nissan person but the only Toyotas that I like is the 3rd and 4th generation Supra and the last two Celica models, all of them are discontinued thanks to US emission standards and the birth of the Scion division., so I'll add the Venza on that list. The Camry Hybrid was quiet, literally. Even the ride with the test driver instructor and I didn't say anything in the car. At the end they gave me a cheaper prize than the guys at Kia gave me, a carry on Tote with a stainless steel Canteen both bearing the Toyota logo. Plus its a good thing I didn't go to Lakers Fan Jam across the street for a few reasons.

1. I didn't have cash to buy the tickets for admission
2 . The tickets were sold out, which was on a Sunday
3. From what I read and watched, there were lines for EVERYTHING. Even to get snacks from the concession stands.
4. I met the players of the team that showed up before, except Shannon Brown.
5. Kobe didn't sign autographs, just came to the stage and said that he's gonna get the team back to the Finals.
6. Again, there were lines for EVERYTHING. Autographs, games, to shoot hoops on the courts and lines to get in different lines.
7. No Spanish-themed Latin influence like the previous years.

I was surprised Jeanie Buss made an appearance there to sign autographs and pose for pictures. I wish she did that last year, but I already got a shot of her when her pops got a star at the Hollywood walk of fame four years ago.

The other great part of the Month of March is that I finally got to see Tila Tequila in person. Here's the strange part, it was at her old house in the Hollywood Hills. She did a garage sale so that she could erase the memory of her late Girlfriend Casey Johnson who passed away earlier this year and who used to live with her at that house. It was supposed to happen in the first Sunday of the month but she postponed it to Saturday on the 20th because of the fucking Academy Awards, which the Hurt Locker won best picture, like I give a shit. I went with a my friend Ryan to her place and ran into two people who used to go to my high school. I knew one of them since Sixth Grade so it was great seeing them again. I thought it was gonna be crazy ass crowd since a famous person in Tila Tequila gave out her address over the internet. The LAPD came to make sure things go safe along with the Paparazzi as well of course. The garage sale was pretty much a regular garage sale. Nothing too spectacular except the house itself. A lot of her stuff was very expensive, except her shirts which were micro sized small. I was gonna get a quick headshot of her, but her security kicked me out for taking a lot of photos inside her place.
Oh well, at least I got a picture of her on her porch.

Afterwards we cruised down to the OC to check out some parties that was happening there. One of Parties we went to had Filipino barbeque food which was FREAKIN' DELICIOUS. Afterward we checked out another party that was gonna be at a hotel in Carson. There were actually two parties that took place there. The one we originally were planning on going to was my friends band performing at a meeting room and the other party took place at a banquet hall, which was hosted by an African American fraternity, with a LOT of fine ass women . I decided to crash that party instead but the line is insanely long, had to wait for an hour to get in. So when I got in, it was anything goes in there. The banquet hall was very dark, everybody was grinding each other and sweating, hell it was so hot, the glass windows were fogged with beads of perspiration. I looked like I was a few years older than these college people, who were around 18 to 24. Or maybe I was wearing a Tan Hawaiian shirt with black slacks and some brown loafers that day. I didn't take a lot of photos cause the power went out in the camera, which was weird cause I charged it the night before. I might sell my Cybershot W290 and get probably a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot. But that was a hell of a night, especially cruising the 405 during the middle of the night in the dense fog, fuckin' dope ass shit. Shoutout to my friend Ryan. Thanks for the lift dude, I owe you Twenty Dollars.

But yeah, that was how last month went. We're already 4 days in April and today was a terrible day to be in Los Angeles. The shopping malls were closed due to Resurrection Sunday, or Easter for those who are non-Christian, there was a big ass earthquake near the US/Mexico border that happened earlier which caused some people to get stuck in some elevators, and the Lakers lost to the San Antonio Spurs. At home. In the Staples Center. Bad result to think of. Plus it might rain this week, which I like. Hope things turn out well for myself and everyone else who's going through some rough shit at this time. Just stay positive as my old job advisor told me, even though she failed at getting me hired last year.

Oh yes, before I leave, Facebook fucking sucks. It's taken over half of the internet by using your profile to log into any site out there. Same thing to the douche who cheated on Sandra Bullock. Dude's a jackass for not being with that piece of fine ass.




No comments:

Post a Comment