Friday, February 24, 2012

Aniston Wednesday

Now alot of y'all that have known me for the past several years are obviously aware that from time to time, I "brag" or bring up notable figures or celebrities that I've met and took photos of on that said day. Many could care less about several of them that I've encountered but witnessing Jennifer Aniston getting her star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame this past Wednesday was worth telling your friends (no pun intended) about.

This is personal to me cause I almost had a chance to get a photo of Jennifer 4 years ago, which turned out to be an epic publicity stunt. I was at Joan's on Third in late 2008 with some other paparazzi photographers waiting for some famous figure to show up since that eatery gets some well-known names here and there. Then this one paparazzi shows up on his bicycle and tell us, as if he were speed, that a big major A-Lister was gonna show up at The Ivy restaurant on Robertson Blvd in a few minutes. He then rides off and us photographers started sprinting towards the Ivy since it was less than two miles from Joan's on Third.

When I finally ran there 15 minutes later, there was a WILD GANG OF PAPARAZZI, SOME PRESS PHOTOGRAPHERS, AND A SHIT LOAD OF TOURISTS that were crowding the entrance of The Ivy. Some photographers leaked out that Jennifer Aniston was gonna show up with made some sense of the enlarged crowd. At that time, her and Angelina Jolie were the top two targets for the paparazzi to capture a photograph of since they both fucked the same guy, and I hope to God that his movie Moneyball wins Best Picture, despite that I haven't seen it yet, at the fixed-ass Academy Awards this Sunday. About one photo of those two women doing something can sell for at least 2 grand or 100 times more if one of them were caught drunk late at night on the Sunset Strip. But anyways, we were all waiting there for an hour and a half at least to wait to see if she was gonna exit out of The Ivy until one of the security guards there next to the Valet booth said that she just went out the back and left. That caught everyone by surprise and many of us got very frustrated. Hell, there were some 7 or 8 photographers that went to the back of The Ivy to see if she was still there after he said that, only to see no Jennifer Aniston in sight. This one OG paparazzi told me that out of the many times and years that he's captured celebrities at The Ivy, NONE OF THEM has ever left through the back but always through the front just to maintain their image status. For Jennifer thought, he then said that she caused a hell of a publicity stunt until I saw some crappy photos and this 30 second footage from another paparazzi who was their when she got there earlier...from the front.

To this day, Aniston is a major star, aside from the tabloids and bullshit. She's one of the few actress to have successful movie and television careers with got her a number of awards. Not only that, she was also started her life in the Valley, Sherman Oaks to be specific. The Walk Of Fame ceremony that was for her was pretty much a public marketing spectacle for plugging her new film Wanderlust. The ceremony would've made more sense if at least two of her ex co-stars from Friends showed up for support, but instead we got Justin Theroux from her new film, Adam Sandler who I've seen before two years ago at the Staples Center, and Malin Akerman, who was the most important reason why I wanted to show up. I have a poster of her that came with a Maxim magazine that featured her on the cover which I copped around the time Watchmen came out in early 2009. I brought it to see if she can autograph it, AND SHE DID! One of the chillest actresses that I've met so far. As for the ceremony itself, it went by quick like the many Walk Of Fame ceremonies that I've gone to in the past 6 years and the first one I was at had Jerry Buss getting his star when Johnny Grant was still alive. Not to be a jerk, but Jennifer Aniston is freakin' short with out the high heels. I thought that she was around my height, which is 5'11", but whatever, she and Malin Akerman are totally attractive and looking so very fine. I was even surprised that Jennifer took the time to sign autographs and pose pictures for the fans after the ceremony, instead of walking off like most top A-listers do. I shot them in film with my Nikon N70 so I'll scan them and upload them on my Facebook profile and my Flickr page once they get developed and printed.

But I give my respect to her since she gave up her past relationship and with the tensions and the true Rumors It Had of Angelina giving birth to three kids from her ex. Most people, especially emotional dudes, would go hiding and never to be seen from a Break Up by a Girl that looks Good, yet that Switch only made her a better actress (watch her in Horrible Bosses). She Just Has To Go Along Into That focus she's been having, right now that she has her name were people can walk on, so that years later she can reach The Object Space of recognition as an actress, something similar that a Rock Star might have once he's enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Cleveland, Ohio. By the way, I'll be turning 24 in 10 days, and there are these new Zoom Kobe VII's that will drop on that day, so if you can.... wait nevermind, that's asking too much. I still have cash from the shameless White/Cement IVs release from last week. Anyway's thanks for taking your time reading this, and have a safe drunk weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment