Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Love That Never Dies In 49 States

THE MOTHERFUCKING AIR JORDAN WHITE/CEMENT IV'S DROPS IN 3 DAYS!!!

Seriously, I haven't been that hyped up to purchase for a pair of sneakers since the Aqua VIII's back in late 2007. Even this piece about the IV's that I just read on The Hundreds website got me more anticipated (http://thehundreds.com/blog/2012/02/15/may-the-fours-be-with-you/). The photography of the kicks on there are just mouthwatering, making me skip a few beats after viewing it. Its like looking at that hot fine girl in Ninth Grade Life Skills walking into class after being absent every other day wearing a spaghetti strap tank top and having all the Freshman dudes weak and about to pass out, like she just came from a photoshoot. That shows how attractive these sneakers are. Hopefully everyone manages to cop a pair (including myself), as well as for the OG Air Jordan collectors to school the young and rookies about the story and the origins about the IV's, not just getting cause of the damn hype.

Spent the entire Friday evening putting in some work on Adobe Lightroom 4 while the rest of the world was either watching Jeremy Lin of the New York Knicks outscoring the Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant at Madison Square Garden and/or every dude being forced to watch The Vow with their girl or Safe House with their moms who just want to see Denzel doing his day job by acting. I knew and heard about Jeremy Lin two years before the media starting gassing on him. Dude has been impressively the subject to talk about over the past few days from his last second performances, including that Jerry West type buzzer beater in Toronto the other day, and its great that he doing his best this past few days to help make the Knicks not look like a squished organization. I won't say too much about him since he just got his exposure but at end of the day, he's just doing his job that he really likes.

As for The Vow, they should've just named that shit The Notebook part II since Rachel McAdams was in both films. I've been hearing stores about females shedding tears during the film, which I'm not surprised, but hey, anything to make some sense and dollars around the week of St. Valentines Day. I didn't plan to watch The Vow (and I don't want to), but I was forced to see The Notebook back in 12th grade English, which dropped on home video a year after the film came out. I remember seeing screen caps and everything of that film on every hot girl's Myspace profile back in the day. Atmosphere wise in the classroom, it was just disturbing, even the teacher was pulling out the waterworks. Glad I'm not in high school now (Thank God) to witness the pre-pubescent females there discussing about planning to go as a group or to force their man to go see that flick.

Did the same shit on Saturday by putting the finishing touches on my friend Molly's photoshoot that I've been working on for the past several weeks. I took my time cause I had to be with my little brother that night to go to some kickback in Cerritos he was co-assisting or something. Things were going well with my work until I came across the news that Whitney Houston passed away that afternoon in the Beverly Hilton. From there, I just stopped. Like, I REALLY stopped in surprise.

For about 10-15 minutes, I couldn't fucking move away from the iMac that I was working on in my living room. The ironic part before her death was that I was just playing her 1987 Whitney album on repeat on iTunes during the early afternoon. As a matter a fact, I played Whitney Houston's songs from that album more than anybody else out of my 80's collection about every other day since the start of the new year. That part got me real shook for a while since I just played her music. From as long as I can remember, she's one of my favorite black female artists who can SING from that decade next to Anita Baker and Sade. I was gonna add Jody Watley and Janet Jackson in there but they're more on the lighter bubbly scale. I disregard her fucked her personal life with the drug abuse and the talespin relationship with Bobby Brown, which was the Nick Cannon/Mariah Carey age difference hookups of that time in the 90's. But in honestly, her losing her life was upsetting, and that shit was just the day before the Grammy Awards. I'm surprised that the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party went on since she was scheduled to perform there. Hell, even my moms liked her back then.

I then later went to meet up with the little brother at my pops house (thanks again for the lift Frank). He told me that we were supposed to leave for Cerritos at 6PM but we actually left 50 minutes later since he was still getting things together and deciding which Snapback to rock. I noticed that his car was vacuumed and detailed in the interior and washed on the exterior. As we got on the freeway, he told me that the kickback was actually a birthday party for three people that he knew from the previous kickbacks he's been to. He's gone out as much as I did the entire last year. Then he also said that he had to stop at three different places in the South Bay part of Los Angeles, near LAX and El Segundo, to pick up these Nigerian youth that he knew who are around his age (he's 19 by the way). It turned out to be a dude and three girls who looked like they were going to a club on Hollywood Blvd that night, and I had to be stuck in the back with them cause one of the girls wanted to be in the passenger seat. Therefore, I was squished with some youth who's talking about stuff that I never heard of before and they kept being hooked onto their mobile devices, obviously.

We got to the place at around 9PM thinking that the party already started, yet there was nobody there. So we shot over to a McDonalds that's close by and feasted there for a few minutes. My brother has the guts to go walk across the other side of the street to a Walgreens while wearing a leather jacket and a Eazy-E/N.W.A. Compton snapback, which he also had a Mitchell and Ness late 80's Los Angeles Kings scripted snapback in the car as well. Keep in mind we were just at least 5 miles away from Compton by going west on the 91 freeway but thankfully, he was safe. If this were the early 90's, then we would have to come up with a decent story for my pops to bail us out of the police station. After our dinner, we shot back to the crib and already people were starting to get in. I had to help my brother carry the birthday gifts that he got the celebrants and as we got in, these two random attractive black females inside, who were the birthday girls, squealed and cuddled around him like crazy. That got me by surprise, along with the party being indoors as opposed to it being outside like the previous parties that I've been to.

Later on that night, the house started to fill up with more young people and all kinds of crazy shit happened. I saw some drunk chick about to stab a random dude with a kitchen knife, but thankfully his homeboys pulled the knife away from her and I told them to put away the set of knives in the kitchen cabinets. Other dudes were spiking cups of cheap cola with a bottle of Ciroc and handing them to different girls. The small den were the big screen TV was turned into a small Club MTV-like atmosphere in there. Fools were grinding babes like its prom night or some shit. I was just watching and taking photos of them dancing that my brother made me do with his Sony Cybershot point and shoot. You have no speculation on how many times I been hearing the term "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks" over the DJ's speakers through his Macbook Pro that supplied all the whack-ass music. That fool should've thrown in some old school OG Latin freestyle plus invite some nice Spanish females into the den and watch as the dudes gets totally sprung during a Nice & Wild joint or playing a bunch or commonly heard techno/house mixes by artists that they never heard of before like Inner City. THAT'S a club right there.

I had to take one of the girls who rode with us all the way back to her home during the party in my brother's Ford Taurus while he stayed at the party. The ride was quiet, yet she told me that she grew up in Nigeria during her childhood and stayed in the city there as opposed to the villages there, and her accent was thick. After I dropped her off, I then jetted on the 105, 710, and 91 freeways back to the party and it was still going on. When I got back into the den, three females grinded on me which I didn't expect. Around 3AM, this elderly Nigerian person, who looked like someone's pops and I assume he is the homeowner of the house, entered with a "What in the fuck is going on here at my house?" expression and the party started to die down as everyone was getting ready to leave. Took some more photos of my brother with his friends, then dipped off to go dropped of one of the four friends that carpooled with us since the rest had other rides and finally got home before 4AM.

Woke up late to see that I got my former place to myself again and made myself spaghetti for brunch. This was the first of 30 Sundays where there's no NFL games until the season starts in September. Even though I don't like to watch television that much anymore (I don't even have a TV in my room at my place in Sylmar) I just checked to see what's not good on cable TV. While looking on the OnDemand feature, I decided to select Marley and Me since that everyone I knew made a huge emotional buzz about this film when it was released four years ago. I apologize for sounding like a generic asshole, but I didn't get choked up like everyone else did at the end of the film, but that's just me. there was a small Chihuahua we had during my first four months of living in Sylmar, who then had her life cut short on the street. Other than that, it was a very entertaining film. Might cop it on Blu-Ray. Totally perfect for families. It was like watching those Charles Grodin/Bonnie Hunt Beethoven franchise films from back in the 90's. Like I said earlier, the ending is a bit somber, especially those who can relate to the experience of raising a dog for a very long time and having a tight kinship in the family. I then went to go visit my friend's sister and her boyfriend who I haven't seen since last Easter, and her son's birthday party that I just missed. I got there late cause I had to stop by my place in Sylmar for a bit. I did stay to watch the first half Grammy Awards. I knew the Foo Fighters were gonna win for best rock group and Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters gave a legit speech that sounded very similar to the one he made at last years MTV Video Music Awards, about keeping real instrumental music around instead of relying on just loops and beats in Logic or Pro Tools. The rest of night was just too damn predictable. The homegirl Adele won everything. I knew about that since the middle of last year and plus she can sing. The rest of the show was just uninteresting, so I don't want to recap it. Major Shoutout to Katie and Rudy for re-uniting each other and her son Angel for getting another year added to his life.

One last thing that I want to spill out before I end this was that the public schools around here in Southern California the past few weeks have been looking like as if a comapny's corporate Titanic-ish ship was sinking into the Artic Ocean. Some 15 year old ended his life by jumping off a three story building on Crescenta Valley High School during lunch time cause he was constantly being picked on by other peers. Now from living in Los Angeles for mostly 24 years of my life and hearing common stories about some dude getting shot or a lady getting killed in a drunk driving accident from the rain, this one was just fucking scary, especially if you were one of the pupils who were there or also attended Cresenta Valley High School. That's gonna traumatize the students there for a while cause they witnessed the whole incident. I don't know whether to blame that kid's parents, teachers, his friends, the delinquents who harass him, or just the entire schoolboard because obviously, it won't look good for the campus' exposure. That along with the complete overhaul from the extreme sickness of some of the faculty at Miramonte High School among other problems make public education here just, for the lack of a better word, broken. I can tell that it started to fall apart after I graduated from high school. Teachers and staff are getting eliminated and the ones who aren't are just giving out mostly worksheets and lecturing straight from out of the text book for paychexs without actually teaching from their knowledge like they're supposed to, making the students lack confidence in learning.

I could also talk about the gym classes not taken too seriously unlike the way it was back then when boys had to wrestle each other and climb ropes and girls had to leap over balance beams, but honestly, it just sucks now. The influence with current up-to-date mobile devices nowadays and whatever the peers are up to are as more interesting as having the anticipation to show up to class to learn something interesting. My little sister who's a senior in High School now has told me some wild stories about the mess that's happening in her classrooms and listening to her explain the shit that's taking place at the campus were just horrific to listen to. Seriously, its fucking awful. If they can enable school uniforms and strict dress code polices in public high schools here and for the school principals to bring back paddles, but I don't think that'll ever happen for the time being. Plus its the student's role to know that they have to deal with this shit for four years and its part of their life to endure the negativity and uninteresting responsibilities. We've all gone through it and it wasn't easy. Having to look at every girl that you can't hit on and trying your best to pass an exam you kept failing at isn't easy for teenagers, and many of them have different backgrounds and lifestyle at their homes, so each pupil has to respect that for four years, even if they sit next to someone that they want to push aside. (Not gonna lie, I've done that a few times back in the day and the results weren't pleasing).

Well, that does it for this weekend recap. As for St. Valentines Day, it was honestly a regular day. Just uploaded Molly's photoshoot as well as the photos from Nicole Stetter's kickback last month and some adult starts I ran into. Thanks for taking your time to read this and start thinking of getting me something for my 24th birthday in 3 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment