Saturday, June 8, 2013

Playing House On Sunday

Alright, this week went by so fuckin' quick.

It felt like I was just at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood 2 days ago to support and photograph my homies William and Ginger Galvez's daughters and other elementary school kids performing there on behalf of the Rockstar Music Education program that was running the event there. Well, it actually took place this past Sunday morning. William and Ginger have been inviting me for the past two years to attend this annual event that being held every June, yet, I was never available during those times. But since they told me that it was their oldest daughter's final performance with the Rockstar Music Education since she's going to middle school in the fall, I had to cancel everything just so that I can finally check it out.

Prior to this, I have never stepped inside the House of Blues. I've passed by there all the time and have heard so much about the venue. So I carpooled with the Galvez family to the place and when we got there, I saw a grip of kids and their families waiting in line and paying admission fees to get inside. I even saw some kids getting their hair sprayed with different colors for that "rock star" appeal. When I got inside (there was a dude at the door rockin' the Google Glass eyewear piece. Looks futuristic) I though the House of Blues was gonna be a large-scale venue with seats, but without disrespect, the place looks like a club to me. It was also packed with parents screaming and cheering on the kids that were performing on House of Blues stage. Majority of them photographing and taking videos of the show with DSLR cameras and their iPads. The theme of the place reminded me of the old Wild Bills venue that used to be in Buena Park back in the 1990's, but without the western stuff.

Watching the little kids performing and covering rock songs that came out back in the day was very awesome to witness. There were no intermissions since there was a different group of kids going up on stage every four to five minutes per set. They had real instruments and several of them can actually play, including the drummers for each set. THESE KIDS CAN PLAY THE DRUMS. They can even sing too. I can assume these youngsters have been on every talent show since birth, or one of them must've been on TV or something. Speaking of which, one of the blokes from the Disney Channel show Shake It Up was one of the three or four guest judges of the event that day. I wouldn't picture this event from a competitive standpoint, it just a bunch of talented young kids having fun on stage and enjoying their parents. I wish I didn't have to miss out on this for the past two years, and as those kids got older, they look back in their lives and tell their kids that they performed at the House Of Blues stage in Hollywood.

After the show, we went to Cabo Cantina on Hollywood Boulevard for lunch and stayed there for a bit. I had their Quesadillas and it was unique cause I ate some Quesos earlier that day for breakfast at the Denny's next to the Burbank Airport. The Quesos at Cabo Cantina were much larger than the ones I had earlier. Then afterwards, we went back to their place and chilled for a few minutes. The homie Ginger even showed me this Hammock they had that came straight from Honduras. I tired it out since I've never been on a Hammock and damn, it was it was comfortable. I wanted to take an instagram photo of myself resting on it, but my phone was out of power by then. I can't wait till I get the Morphie Juice battery pack later on in future, which gives my iPhone more extra power like battery pack on DSLRs. Many thanks again to the Galvez family for making that Sunday like how every Sunday should be. Here's some of the pictures from that day taken from my mobile device.


The Quesos and pancakes I had for breakfast that Sunday at Denny's. 



First time ever at the House Of Blues. Alot of great acts were on that stage: past, present and future. 




One of the many young, talent kids putting on some shows. 




My friend's WIlliam and Ginger's daughter on center stage. Who else do you know that can be at that fortunate position?




Interior of Cabo Cantina in Hollywood. 




The most legit Beer Pong table I've ever seen. 




These Quesadillas are for reals. 


Here are some more random-ass iPhone 5 photos from this past week that you've might've seen on my instagram, but without the filters. (@justforsneaks07)




Brunch at The Habit in Glendale.




My latest purchase of Primitive Apparel's Summer '13 collection (thanks Ashley and Nicky)




One of my customers gave me this as a tip, but he paid the fare though. 




Just like In-N-Out, The Habit also has a truck for events as well. A potential future birthday party idea. 



This channel is meaningless until the Kobe Bryant returns to the court. 




Yesterday's traffic on the 405 freeway at 12PM since the President made an unnanounced visit to Santa Monica for three hours. 



THESE. ARE. EVERYWHERE. 



My life everyday for the past four months, including the Starbucks. 

Anyway, that's it for now. I have a wedding to cover today in Fullerton and Christine Mendoza is making a rare Valley appearance in my town tomorrow. I can't miss that. Thanks for your time reading this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment