Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Acting Crazy in Los Angeles

Weekend was quick. Went to church and missed out on Week 4 of the NFL.

I watched the movie Falling Down starring Michael Douglas last night. I fucking loved that film. I discovered it from an article I read about last weekend's closure of the 405 Freeway, one of the most overhyped waste of journalism I've ever seen. because in Falling Down, it relates to the traffic that was featured in the beginning of the film. Michael Douglas' character is very similar to Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty (one of the BEST films ever made) in which the subject is fed up of dealing with all the uninteresting bullshit and life's recurring display of uncomfortable negativity from other people, so he does something about it. I don't want to recap the entire film, but my suggestion is just watch Falling Down, and the best part is that it took place in Downtown Los Angeles and Venice Beach in the early 90's.

Speaking of Michael Douglas, I want to check out his biography he just released, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography that is always on the news everyday I wake up. He doing a book signing at The Grove this Friday evening but I won't be able to make it cause I might have to take some photos that day. Last time I saw Arnold was 4 years ago in Beverly Hills after he got his haircut, and at that time he was the Governor of this state, which is something I honestly thought would never happen from watching The Terminator, Twins, and Jingle All the Way among other things before 2003.

Before I finish, quick birthday shoutouts this month to friends and acquaintances:  Ning Young, Quintin Barry, Corina Andujo, Phillip Gonzalez, Randy Mendoza, Elvis Galvez, Justin and Nesi Napod, Lucy Hakverdian, Desiree Elyda Villalobos, Mando De La Torre, Paul Zavala, Cecilia Navaratte, Alberto Mujica, Robin Kanouse, Jon Stetter, and Cassandra Cootz. Anyways, thanks for your time reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment