Thursday, January 20, 2011

TWO YEARS ON TWITTER

Exactly, two years ago, I opened a Twitter account.

I created it because earlier that day, my original Facebook account was suspended and that was my main outlet aside from the dilapidating Myspace to express my thoughts. Plus my iWeb page was already expired that time. So I had no choice but to join Twitter. See back then, Twitter wasnt as hyped and crazy as it is now. No businesses had it, only a limited amount of celebrities had one, and it was hardly ever mentioned on the news until that day.

Then Elect-President Barack Obama got sworn in as President of the United States and CNN mentioned on how you can follow his updates on Twitter during the telecast of his swearing in, which I thought it was either him or someone from the Secret Service writing his Twitter profile. I started to like it and went wild on Twitter for a few months despite that no one I knew joined the site or even signed up for it. I met some people over through that site, including this one kid who literally worships Kim Kardashian. I managed to meet him in person and I took him to see his favorite celebrity. After that, the site turned into a you heard it first source where breaking news and deaths, both real and fake, are being mention and raved about on that site.

I had thoughts of deleting the account a few months after I re-joined Facebook, but I decided to keep it to say some observations or some shit thats on my mind in under 140 characters. Its pretty useful if you have a Blackberry or a iPhone or any smartphone device so that you can keep viewers informed wherever you are.

By the way, there hasnt been any decent news or current events today other than those mental cases who went postal at different High Schools blowing off other students and law enforcement civilians. The only news from today thats worth useful to a fifth grader for his or her Current Event assignment is Jesse James being engaged to Hollywood Tattoo artist Kat Von D. Yeah, I didnt want to bring that up, but why would people be interested to being informed about a guy who cheated on the ever talented Sandra Bullock over a Tattoo artist? Whatever, Hollywood is know for its weirdness, and I live 15 miles from there in the San Fernando Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment